At the heart of the Creekbend business are great food and great beer. Our large menu, fun staff and comfortable indoor and outdoor seating make the Cafe a perfect stop for breakfast, lunch or afternoon relaxing.
Chef Chris is known for his outstanding appetizers, dishes featuring locally sourced salmon, burgers, sandwiches & homemade desserts. Enjoy your meal with one of our six rotating draft beer options!
Thu, Aug 04|
California Honeydrops feat. a very Special Guest
The unofficial kickoff to Salmonfest weekend! Join The California Honeydrops and a very Special Guest for an evening of music you will never forget! Gordie Tentrees will open the night. Music starts early at 6pm!
Time & Location
Aug 04, 2022, 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM
Creekbend Cafe , 19842 Hope Hwy, Hope, AK 99605, USA
About the Event
The Honeydrops have come a long way since guitarist and trumpeter Lech Wierzynkski and drummer Ben Malament started busking in an Oakland subway station, but the band has stayed true to that organic, street-level feel. Listening to Lech sing, it can be a surprise that he was born in Warsaw, Poland, and raised by Polish political refugees. He learned his vocal stylings from contraband American recordings of Sam Cooke, Ray Charles, and Louis Armstrong, and later at Oberlin College and on the club circuit in Oakland, California. With the additions of Johnny Bones on tenor sax and clarinet, Lorenzo Loera on keyboards, and Beau Bradbury on bass, they’ve built a powerful full-band sound to support Wierzynski’s vocals. More like parties than traditional concerts, their shows feature extensive off-stage jamming and crowd interaction. “The whole point is to erase the boundaries between the crowd and us,” Wierzynski says. “We don’t make setlists. We want requests. We want crowd involvement, to make people become a part of the whole thing by dancing along, singing, picking the songs and generally coming out of their shells.”
International touring award nominated Canadian Gordie Tentrees has arrived. This authentic road poet travels North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, UK & Ireland with 8 records behind him never repeating himself on stage. From Celtic Connections (Glasgow, Scotland) to the National Folk Festival (Canberra, AU) his ability to hold an audience, weave melody, while juggling the dark truth with comedic light is infectious. Performed 750 concerts in 11 countries during the past 4 years alone with foot percussion, harmonica, resonator/acoustic guitar and masterful storytelling. Influenced by touring with friends Fred Eaglesmith, Mary Gauthier, Steve Poltz & Kelly Joe Phelps, Tentrees is just getting started.
Tips for a great evening of fun
- We accept cash and credit cards, but recommend bringing cash along to purchase food and drinks.
- Our beer garden is smoke-free. Designated smoking areas are provided during the event.
- Feel free to bring chairs, blankets, and umbrellas. Our events are rain or shine! Tent space will be limited, so arrive early.
- The kitchen is open all night with beer, wine and soft drinks available for purchase. No outside food or alcoholic beverages permitted in the premises.
- Limited parking is available on site, so arrive early. Overnight tent and car camping may also be available.
- There are limited accomodations and campsites in Hope, Alaska. Please have your overnight plans in place before traveling to Hope. Otherwise you may be stuck without a spot.
- Book at our Lodge at https://www.creekbendco.com/coldwater
- Or check out the Hope Chamber of Commerce for other options at https://www.hopealaska.us
Thursday Aug. 4th Live Music