Fri, Jun 15|
The Acres at Creekbend Co.
Dead Phish Orchestra
The Deadphish Orchestra is a quartet of Colorado musicians who, above all, are close friends who have played together for many years...
TIME & LOCATION
Jun 15, 2018, 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM
The Acres at Creekbend Co., 19842 Hope Hwy, Hope, AK 99605, USA
ABOUT THE EVENT
The Deadphish Orchestra is a quartet of Colorado musicians who, above all, are close friends who have played music together for many years. They had played Grateful Dead songs together, and they had played Phish songs together. But they got to wondering what would happen if they tried to merge the music of these two bands, the Granddaddies and Daddies of the jamband scene.
While these two bands have their surface similarities, most fans realize that their actual musical styles are quite different. The Grateful Dead are an earthy, folky, bluesy band where Phish is sharper around the edges–funky and more aggressive. But both bands have an improvisational approach to their live shows, and it is in that spontaneity where the magic really happens.
It’s just about as much fun as humans are allowed to have, a seamless web of Phish and Dead to split open and melt your face.
Tips for a great evening of fun
- We accept cash and credit cards, but recommend bringing cash along to purchase food and drinks.
- Our big lawn is smoke-free. We will provide plenty of designated smoking areas during the event.
- Bring chairs, blankets, and umbrellas. We will permit tents/canopies for shade in designated areas. (Tent space will be limited, so arrive early!)
- Chef Chris will be cooking food onsite, with freshly-baked pies or treats also available.
- Beer and Wine will be available for purchase. No outside alcoholic beverages permitted at the event.
Standing room with limited picnic tables available. Bring a blanket or chairs and set up camp!$10.00