Hope Social Club
Time & Location
About the Event
Have you ever seen Hope Social Club live in Hope? It may just become one of your favorite nights of your life!
Join us for one of Hope Social Club's ONLY weekends in Alaska this summer! We anticipate both nights to sell out, so grab your weekend pass today!
The Hope Social Club is a band whose beginnings originated in and around the small town of Girdwood, Alaska, a hippy ski haven just South of Anchorage. Melissa Mitchell and Spiff lived in the same building and although neither remembers the very first time they jammed, the town of Girdwood gave them plenty of opportunity to hear each other play. Quickly, they became more familiar with each others songs and with easygoing style and effortless harmonies it was a natural fit and a not so random partnership. The rest of the band met there over the last 15 years and sitting in on each others sets became the norm. Multi-instrumentalist Aaron Benolkin joined in anytime he wasn’t playing with his other projects, including The Whipsaws, and his smooth pedal steel and electric guitar added another layer of texture to Melissa and Spiff’s songs. Tim Haren, a rockin' local drummer and creator of Alaska’s own Lefty’s Cajons, along with Tony Restivo, bass player for the iconic Girdwood jam band The Photonz, rounded out the rhythm section.
Tips for a great evening of fun
- We accept cash and credit cards, but recommend bringing cash along to purchase food and drinks.
- Our lawn is smoke-free. Designated smoking areas are provided during the event.
- Bring chairs, blankets, and umbrellas. Our events are rain or shine! We will permit tents/canopies for expected rain in designated areas. Tent space will be limited, so arrive early.
- Chef Chris will be cooking food onsite with beer and wine are available for purchase. No outside food or alcoholic beverages permitted at the event.
- Limited paid parking will be available on site, so arrive early. Overnight tent and car camping may also be available.